History of the Farm The four houses are set along a rural, country road with pastures and meadows to enjoy. The antique farmhouse was built circa 1830. The farm land was used by various owners for crops, hay, and horse breeding. Some of the original acreage was developed into house lots in the 1960s by one of the owners. Aunt Karen purchased the farm in 1987 and over the years added the three surrounding houses, restoring the farm to much of its original size. Farm house image circa 1960.